6 点
注册时间
2004-6-19
最后登录
2024-2-6
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-10 23:52  ·  江苏 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
来源:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News ... 0308.1629.19628.htm

we recently spoke with president of Clover Studios Atsushi Inaba about the developer’s upcoming game, Okami. Find out the latest details about the game, what they think of Nintendo’s use of a wolf character in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, how Viewtiful Joe is headed in another direction, and what Clover is planning for next-gen systems.

GI: As I recall I remember hearing that you guys originally planned for Okami to be more of a photorealistic style. How did you guys end up deciding on the current more artistic style?

Atsushi Inaba: Yes, you’re absolutely right. We did originally start with that idea. A lot of people at Clover had been working on the Devil May Cry series and Resident Evil 4 so we wanted to use that sort of technology to create this sort of world of nature and do it in a very realistic fashion. And we started to, we did try it. We kind of hit a dead end, and we realized what we were aiming for was far beyond what the PlayStation 2 could handle with its specs. So we thought we’d have to ditch that idea. But what can we do? We certainly don’t want to lose this aspect of nature that’s the most important part of the game. What else can we do? What other graphical style can we use for this?

GI: I noticed in some of the video we’ve seen so far there’s a lot of balance between in-game attacks and using the brush as an attack. Are these meant to be comboed together? What percentage do you use each of them?

Inaba: They are definitely used in combination and in tandem. At the beginning of the game most enemies you’ll have no trouble defeating just using regular attacks. And what we’ve shown you in video so far is the power slash technique where you draw a line over them and it cuts them. That can be used as a standard action and combo after hitting them a few times. But there are other ones used in battle we haven’t shown you yet, and there are enemies later on in the game that cannot just be defeated with the attack button. You need to use your head and use very specific Celestial Brush techniques to get them into a position where you can attack them. Sort of a puzzley strategic element comes into play using the brush in battle. You use it quite a bit, but not necessarily just to slash them as you’ve seen in the video so far. It goes deeper than that.

GI: The characters in Okami at this point seem to communicate using text mixed with kind of a Sims nonsense voice over top. What was the reason behind this design choice?

Inaba: There are several reasons. First of all, this game is just huge scriptwise. It would have been physically impossible to cram all of that voice work on one or even several discs. Secondly, when I made this game, when I make any game, I don’t think of just one region at a time. I think about getting the game out to all regions. And recording that kind of voice in multiple languages would just be very costly and perhaps even wasteful. But we still wanted to get across the emotion of someone speaking so we decided to go with the sound effects because it still conveys some sort of emotion without actually being a voice so you get kind of the best of both worlds.

GI: As far as bringing back the “beauty of nature” to the world of Okami, does the game keep track of the percentage of nature that you restore? Will that change anything when players go back for a second play through?

Inaba: There is no type of nature gauge or percentage or anything like that. It’s not that sort of element. It’s not just doing large areas. There are a lot of little hidden areas that you can get to. If you really wanted to restore 100% of the nature in the game I’d be really really careful about the way you played and pay really careful attention to everything. But no, it doesn’t have a percentage or any thing like that.

As far as the second question is concerned, without saying anything specific, I will say that on your second play through there will be certain fun elements that you’ll find. I can’t tell you if that relates directly to your question or not.

GI: Okami seems to be rooted in mysticism and myth. Was it based on a certain mythology or several different ones?

Inaba: Actually it draws inspiration from many different legends and mythological tales and we decided that it takes place in a fantasy universe that happens to be set in Japan rather than the other way around. We didn’t want to confuse anyone by sticking with a very set path from one particular legend. We wanted to just get the atmosphere across from lots of different little ones. So yeah, it’s sort of a mix of all these different legends that has become a new legend called Okami. It draws influence from many smaller tales. But it’s not based on one specific one.

GI: Can you name a couple of these legends that influenced the game?

Inaba: Just to give one example of one of the legends you’ll see in the game, Orochi, which is one of the main enemies in the game, and Susano, one of the main heroic characters in the game, there is a legend of those two waging combat and Susano being victorious over Yamato Orochi, but it’s important to note that what this game has done with both the Orochi legend – and all of the other legends in it – is we’ve taken the names and we’ve taken the general theme but we’ve sort of added our own little spin on it. In the old legend, Susano for instance was a really heroic and powerful character. But in this game you might see that he’s kid of lazy and cowardly and things like this. So we took the names, took the general themes, but we put an original spin on it to create our own legend and our own tale.

GI: Yes, it does seem like these is a mix of comedy and drama in the game. How do you manage to balance out the two?

Inaba: Yeah, there are definitely certain elements of comedy in the game, but it’s important to note that I wouldn’t consider this a comedy game. The focus is not on that. It has a very serious back story. But really we’re just looking to get across the feeling of human warmth. So in this dark world where everything is really bad and nature has been destroyed, how are these various characters dealing with that? And a lot of them are dealing with that by not forgetting to laugh. And it just communicates to you, the player, the warmth of humanity and the way people behave given different circumstances. So there is definitely a comedic element to it. But it’s far from the main focus of the game.

GI: Where did the inspiration for the Celestial Brush to serve as a platforming and attack device come from?

Inaba: I mentioned before that we went from the realistic graphical style to the style we see now, the sumi-e brush style, and once we decided that and we were looking at the game we thought, “That’s not enough. That’s sort of a gimmick if that’s all we do. How can we take this one step further?” Looking at the art style very closely we thought, “What if we let the player take control of a brush and sort of add things – to actually bring them into the art style rather than just have them watch it.” And that’s the inspiration for the Celestial Brush system as it is now.

GI: Did Okami’s highly stylized nature present an added diffi***y in the design process? You couldn’t just take a generic rock or wall texture and slam it in there. Everything had to be “painted” out.

Inaba: Yes, it was very diffi*** making this game. Like you mentioned, in a normal game the textures are very realistic so it’s quite possible to just go outside and take a picture of a rock and then use that texture as is. But we certainly couldn’t do that with this game. Every texture you see has been hand drawn by a designer. And what made it very diffi*** is there are only so many people that can do this kind of art. We pulled them all to the Okami team at a very early stage so even if there are times where the schedule makes it so that we need more people we don’t have much of a choice because those people don’t exist. So, yes, it was very tough to get everything done in time and in proper working fashion but luckily we have such good designers. They really knew what they were doing so they took that challenge and met and exceeded our expectations.

GI: I’m sure you guys get this a lot, but the brush attack seems perfectly suited for the Nintendo DS. Is there any chance that a future version of the game will appear on this system?

Inaba: No, there are no plans to do that. I’ll tell you why. Although the Celestial Brush does very much lend itself to the stylus of the DS, there’s a lot more to this game than just the Celestial Brush. And we feel that the PlayStation 2 controller handles the action segments very well. It might not be as easy to do that on the DS, which is not to diss the DS. But, as of now, there are no plans to convert it to a sequel on that.

GI: Can you describe the team’s reaction when Nintendo first announced that Link would be able to transform into a wolf in Twilight Princess and that it would feature predominantly into the gameplay?

Inaba: Yeah, actually I was at E3 myself and I saw that live with my own eyes. And to be honest, at first I thought, “Those sons of…. What are they doing?” Had we announced it very much prior to that then I would have felt really disappointed as if they were ripping us off, but I think that the timing shows that they may have had that idea before. I don’t think that they’re directly trying to rip us off or anything. As a creator, I’d prefer that they didn’t do that because it kind of takes away some of our thunder. But no hard feelings. I really like Zelda games so I’m cool with it.

GI: What can we look forward to with Viewtiful Joe as far as the next generation is concerned?

Inaba: Joe is certainly far from dead, but I do think that in all honesty people might be getting tired of the side-scrolling 2-D Joe. And I think it might be time to make a brand new Joe that no one’s ever seen before. We’ve been doing a lot of thinking about it. As far as what hardware something like that would go on, we’d have to think more about the game and get it into a nice solid shape in our minds before we would decide which hardware it was suited for. But I think the next Joe should be very different than the one we’re used to.

GI: Steel Battalion was actually able to turn a profit and perform pretty decently despite the expensive controller peripheral. Is there any chance that we’ll ever see another Steel Battalion, either using the older controller or something completely new?

Inaba: Actually we have no plans regarding Steel Battalion right now. I think if we did just do a sequel and release a new controller – whereas the new controller would be very interesting – it wouldn’t have the same sort of emotional impact that you had when you first played with the original Steel Battalion controller basically because it’s already been done. We’ve already done the big robot game with a new controller so if we were to do something similar as far as a new controller is concerned we’d probably go in an entirely different direction and make an entirely new kind of game and an entirely different kind of controller. But right now we’re not thinking of any sort of sequels or versions of Steel Battalion.

GI: As far as Clover Studios in general, what can we expect out of the company in the future? Have they come up with any specific products for Revolution using the remote control or for PS3 and 360?

Inaba: We have had experience with all three dev kits. We’ve been looking into this. It’s something we’re putting a lot of thought into because Clover is a relatively small studio. We’re reluctant to jump onto a bandwagon right now and put all of our strength behind one platform or another. Right now we have nothing to announce. We are thinking very deeply about what our next step will be and taking our time looking at the strengths and weaknesses of each piece of hardware. At Clover, our main goal is to just make really good games. So we’ll think of a game concept then we’ll decide which of the platforms we think is most suited for the kind of game we want to make..

审判者

FINAL FANTASY零式HD渣作

精华
帖子
威望
39 点
积分
12381 点
种子
6 点
注册时间
2004-6-19
最后登录
2024-2-6
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-10 23:53  ·  江苏 | 显示全部楼层
我又来了!
在别的网站看到了这个访谈的一些“几句话”摘要,现在作了翻译和大家分享。
如有不妥,欢迎指出!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
《大神》的内在:稲葉敦志访谈

近期我们就即将发售的游戏《大神》访问了Clover Studio的社长稲葉敦志。访谈中我们会了解到《大神》的详情、他们就任天堂在《Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess》启用狼角色的看法、《红侠乔伊》将怎样改变游戏风格以及Clover的在次世代游戏系统的计划等等。

GI:我记得你们原先计划把《大神》做成真实的画面风格,那你们是怎样弃用原先的计划而做成现在的艺术风格的呢
稲葉敦志:是的,你说的没错。我们原先确实计划这么做。当时Clover中的许多人正在制作《鬼泣》系列和《生化危机4》,所以我们想用那种技术来创造自然世界并且用一种真实的风格来制作《大神》。然后我们开始了,并确实尝试了这样做。后来我们好像走进了死胡同,同时我们意识到我们想要做的东西已经超出了PS2 的机能极限。所以我们认为应该***那个理念。但是能怎么做呢?我们当然不想放弃这种大自然的成分,那是这个游戏最重要的部分。那我们还能做什么呢?还有哪种画面风格我们能用?就在此时,我们的一位设计师开玩笑地用书法风格作了一个主要角色,我看着正在开玩笑的他想道:他也许真的想出了一个好主意。如果我们将它3D化那看起来将很不错。之后我们尝试了这样做,结果效果很不错,并且使我们确定了这个风格。

GI:我们在目前的视频里注意到游戏中有很多平衡使用普通攻击和画笔攻击的地方,这些是味着将它们联合以来用吗?在游戏中两种攻击的比重是多少?
稲葉敦志:它们确实要联合以来用或者交替用。在游戏的序盘,大部分敌人都可以用普通攻击来轻松消灭。目前我们只是演示了画笔的重击功能——当你在敌人身上画线时。这不仅可以单独使用,你还可以在一连串普通攻击后使用。但是还有许多战斗中画笔的功能我们还没有公布,在游戏之后出现的敌人你将不可能只按攻击键来打倒它们。你需要用到你的脑子和十分特殊的画笔技能来将它们置于你可以攻击的境地。解谜战略要素将在你战斗时使用画笔的过程中体现出来。你将要用到重击,但是不是像在目前视频公布的那样仅仅重击。正式游戏中将比这个深奥的多。

GI:在《大神》中与角色交流将用到文本与模拟嘈杂的音效相结合的方式。这个设计是怎么来的?
稲葉敦志:有许多原因。首先,游戏本体容量很大。如果还要将许多语音放进去的话一张甚至几张光盘都放不下。其次,我制作这个游戏时,或者说我做游戏时,不想有地域限制。即我想让游戏国际化。如果做多个语言的语音将十分昂贵而且有可能导致浪费。但我还是想将游戏中对话所表达的情绪传递给大家,所以我们决定用一些音效,因为它们可以表达一部分的情绪而不用语音,你可以得到两者之间(纯语音和纯文本)最好的解决方案。

GI:《大神》中要拿回“自然的美丽”,那么游戏中有没有“自然追回率”这种设定呢?还有玩家在进行二周目时会有什么改变呢?
稲葉敦志:在游戏中没有“自然追回率”或类似的百分率存在。没有那种要素。游戏中不只在大区域内进行,而是还有很多隐藏的区域你可以去。如果你真的想要在游戏中追回100%的自然那我将会真的很在意你的玩这个游戏的方式并且注意每件事(?)。总之,游戏中没有完成率或类似的东西。
  至于你的第二个问题,我不会透露任何细节,但是可以确定的是玩家二周目时会发现一些有趣的要素。我不知这个答案你是否满意。

GI:《大神》看来是来源于神话的。那它确实是基于一个或是多个神话的吗?
稲葉敦志:确实我们是从许多不同的传说和神话故事中获得的灵感,并且把游戏设置在了一个幻想的世界,像日本一样的地方而不是其他。我不想用来源于某个特定传说的套路去使人们感到困惑。我们只想使游戏氛围贯穿在许多小故事里。所以,是的,这个是许多不同传说混合而成的新传说——《大神》。它受到了许多小故事的影响,但不是只基于某个特定的而已。

GI:那你能列举几个对游戏产生影响到的神话故事吗?
稲葉敦志:我就举个你将会在游戏中遇到的神话故事的例子吧,Orochi,是游戏中的一个主要敌人,而Susano,是游戏里的一个英雄人物,(民间)有一段关于他们之间战斗的传说,Susano是胜者,重要的是在游戏中你将注意到我们只是在运用了这个传说的角色名和主题,但加进了一些我们的小改变:例如Susano应该是一个标准的强力英雄人物,但在游戏中你可能只看到一个懒懒的胆怯的小孩或是类似的一些样子——其他的运用到游戏中的神话故事也是这样的。所以我们只用了名字和传统主题,但是我们加进了一些原创要素来创造一个我们的传说或故事。

GI:是的,看起来确实如你所说的融合了一些喜剧和戏剧成分在游戏里。那你是怎样平衡它们的呢?
稲葉敦志:啊,确实游戏里有些喜剧的元素,不过要注意的是我没有将《大神》定义为喜剧游戏。因为焦点不在这里,游戏有很严肃的背景。我们确实想将一些令人舒服的感觉在游戏中体现出来,在这个万物萧条和被破坏的黑暗世界里,那些不同的角色将会如何面对呢?大多数的对应方法是没有忘记笑,并且我们想将把这些传递给玩家:人间的温情和人们面对不同环境的举止。所以,在游戏中确实有喜剧元素,但是和游戏的主基调相比就很次要了。

GI:用画笔来作为道具和攻击手段的设定是从哪里得到的灵感呢?
稲葉敦志:我在前面提到了《大神》现在的风格是从真实画面风格转变而来的,书法风格,我们决定下来后就开始寻求我们想要的游戏,“这是不够的。如果我们做的只是这些的话,那就和一般的小把戏没什么两样了。我们应该如何更进一步呢?”当近距离看着这艺术风格时我们想,“让玩家们控制一支笔来做一些诸如加点东西一类的动作怎么样——把他们带进艺术风格而不是仅仅停留在观看层面上。”而这就是你现在看到的画笔系统的灵感来源了。

GI:《大神》如此有个性的自然表现有给开发带来困难吗?你不能用普通的岩石或墙壁材质,更不能将它们直接放到游戏里面,任何东西需要“画出来”。
稲葉敦志:是的,制作这个游戏是很困难的。正如你说的,在一般的游戏里材质是很真实的,所以到外面拿一个岩石的照片然后用一个类似的材质放到游戏里是很容易办到的。但是我们在这个游戏里就不能做这样的工作。每个你看到的东西都是用设计师的手画出来的。难点在于只有不多的人能做这样的工作,在开发早期我们就将他们都拉进了《大神》小组,所以即使有充足的时间也没用,我们需要的是更多的人,但是我们没有太多的选择,因为这些足够人才不存在。所以,是的,在规定时间里用合适的方法完成所有的事情是很艰难的,但幸运的是我们有很优秀的设计师。他们真的知道他们在干什么,所以接受了挑战并且超越了我们的预期。

GI:我确定你们得到了许多诸如此类的言论:画笔系统看起来太适合NDS了。那么我们有机会看到未来的游戏版本出现在这个系统上吗?
稲葉敦志:不,没有任何关于这个的计划。我来告诉你为什么,虽然画笔系统确实与DS的风格很吻合,但是游戏除了画笔系统之外有更多的要素。并且我们感觉到PS2的手柄很适用于游戏的动作部分,那在DS上也许不能容易地实现,这并不是对DS的不满。但是,至少现在来说,我们还没有任何移植的计划。

GI:你能描述一下小组在看到任天堂第一次公布在《Twilight Princess》林克可以变身为狼并且这个可能是游戏主要要素的反应吗?
稲葉敦志:嗯,事实上当时E3我在场,我是亲眼看到的。说实话,起初我想,“那些…..的儿子,他们在干什么?”我们在这之前已经公布了《大神》,这使我感到很失望,就仿佛是他们想撕碎我们一样(抄袭),但是我想也许时间会证明或许他们在很早以前就有了这个创意。我想他们并不是直接抄袭我们或别的什么。作为一个创作人员,我不想他们这样做,因为就像拿走了一些我们的优势。但是我并没有糟糕的感觉。我很喜欢塞尔达系列,所以对此我很冷静。

GI:那《红侠乔伊》在次世代主机来临时会有什么值得我们期待的表现呢?
稲葉敦志:乔伊系列当然不会完结,但我认为所有玩家都厌倦了2D横向卷轴的乔伊,并且我认为是时候做一个没人见过的新的乔伊品牌了。我们以经为此构思了许多东西。至于游戏平台,即适用于那台主机,我们将继续构思游戏,在心中形成一个实体形态后再作决定。但是我可以确定下一作《红侠乔伊》会和以前大家所看到的很不同。

GI:《铁骑》事实上能获益(?)并且表现得很正统,即使有一个很昂贵的控制周边。我们还有机会看到另一个《铁骑》吗?无论是用原来的那个控制器或是再一个新的。
稲葉敦志:事实上现在我们还没有推出《铁骑》续作的相关计划。我想如果我们真的做了这个计划并且推出了一个新控制器——而这个新控制器也将很有趣,你也不会有当初第一次玩《铁骑》的震撼,因为我们已经做过类似的东西了。我们已经做过一个用新控制器控制的机器人游戏,与其再做一个用新控制器的类似游戏,我们或许会选择截然不同的方向,做一个一个截然不同的游戏和一个截然不同的控制器。但是现在,我们真的没有关于《铁骑》新作的任何计划。

GI:Clover未来有什么值得我们期待的?你们在为***/PS3/360制作游戏吗?
稲葉敦志:我们已经有了全部三种开发包的开发概念,而且正在深入研究中,我们提出了许多的想法,因为Clover是一个相对来说较小的制作室。我们才刚刚勉强踏入主流制作室的行列,并且为一到两个平台倾注了所有的精力。现在我们没有什么可以公布的。我们正在为我们的下一步计划作慎重的考虑,同时在花时间找出三个(新)平台的优缺点。在Clover,我们的目标是做真正优秀的游戏。所以,我们会先考虑游戏的概念,然后再选择合适的平台来做我们想要做的游戏。

征服者

(^-^)

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
7760 点
种子
642 点
注册时间
2005-2-20
最后登录
2023-7-1
发表于 2006-3-11 12:11  ·  浙江 | 显示全部楼层
期待大婶~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
`~`````````````````

审判者

FINAL FANTASY零式HD渣作

精华
帖子
威望
39 点
积分
12381 点
种子
6 点
注册时间
2004-6-19
最后登录
2024-2-6
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-11 15:37  ·  江苏 | 显示全部楼层
同样期待啊~FF12就是北欧女神2和大神了

终结者

喜んで.....

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
9424 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2006-2-19
最后登录
2014-9-27
发表于 2006-3-11 17:29  ·  广西 | 显示全部楼层
CAP的爽快可不是一般的!!!

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
144 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2006-3-5
最后登录
2013-7-29
发表于 2006-3-11 19:17  ·  北京 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用toleoring于2006-03-10 23:52发表的[访谈]Clover Studio社长稲葉敦志----《大神》以及其他相关游戏+原创翻译:
来源:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News ... 0308.1629.19628.htm

we recently spoke with president of Clover Studios Atsushi Inaba about the developer’s upcoming game, Okami. Find out the latest details about the game, what they think of Nintendo’s use of a wolf character in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, how Viewtiful Joe is headed in another direction, and what Clover is planning for next-gen systems.
靠,猛一看还以为是稲葉浩志呢,吓我一跳,谢特!

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
9292 点
种子
586 点
注册时间
2005-12-27
最后登录
2024-4-19
发表于 2006-3-11 19:54  ·  浙江 | 显示全部楼层
跟塞尔达还是没法比的,销量估计到时也是天壤之别
该用户已被禁言

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
896 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2006-3-5
最后登录
2010-6-8
发表于 2006-3-11 21:13  ·  北京 | 显示全部楼层
大神是近期最期待的游戏了 现在为了回收成本 原创游戏越来越少了…………
该用户已被禁言

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
2068 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2004-12-11
最后登录
2020-1-11
发表于 2006-3-12 05:23  ·  福建 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用toleoring于2006-03-11 15:37发表的:
同样期待啊~FF12就是北欧女神2和大神了

和你一样。

终结者

大龄肥宅

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
11278 点
种子
754 点
注册时间
2005-2-15
最后登录
2024-3-29
发表于 2006-3-12 10:18  ·  上海 | 显示全部楼层
本来还以为这个游戏多有创意呢~上次看了试玩版~画笔系统完全就是效仿NDS~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|A9VG电玩部落 川公网安备 51019002005286号

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 14:24 , Processed in 0.219381 second(s), 21 queries , Redis On.