种子
1646 点
注册时间
2014-12-7
最后登录
2023-3-16
 楼主| 发表于 2018-7-25 00:41  ·  上海 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderm ... t_sdcc_here_are_my/

So I made a post a few days about the SDCC demo, but I feel I've encountered so many new things that it warrants one final, cumulative post. I played the demo 8 times through, and fought Shocker 4 of those times. That's about 140 minutes for those counting at home. (Apparently there was someone there who did it over 10 times, so if you're here, feel free to add stuff). But these are my thoughts, and the cool things I noticed:

Swinging/Traversal

** it's awesome. I said this in my original post, but it's not as "ultra physics realistic" as something like Spider-Man 2, so it's a lot easier to learn and fun even for beginners. The closest I can compare it to is like a mix of Web of Shadows mixed with the good parts of TASM2 swinging, and also with some of that Insomniac fluidity and snappiness. Still physics based, and the webs attach to buildings (I checked, they also connect to poles and trees) but it's a lot easier to pick up than something like Spider-Man 2. It starts out kind of slow, but you really pick up speed when you start web zipping + point launching, and zipping over walls, and it feels sooooo good. I was just thinking earlier about how much I miss the feeling of wallrunning up a wall, pressing X and then zipping over that wall. Ugh. Damn, I miss it.

Before you ask, if you hold onto the web, you start to move backwards, but you drift closer to the wall that the web is attached to, and if you hit it you start running on it. If you manage to completely stop at the bottom of the pendulum Spidey will let go of the web. It's not that exciting, and unfortunately you can't ** the sky like some other games.

One thing I didn't initially like was L2+R2 to zip to a perch, because I thought those controls were a little wonky, but then I started holding L2 to search for a point (time slows down when you do that, like in the TASM games Web Rush mode) and then pressing R2 when I found the exact point, which I really liked over just hoping that I'd go to the right one.

Overall, holy shit the swinging is awesome.

Combat

Damn this shit's spectacular (and amazing, and ultimate, and superior, etc). It may look like Arkham combat, but the only thing that's similar is the squiggly lines. It feels a lot like something out of Devil May Cry but a little bit easier. Air combos are really nice, since they actually give you a little bit of space from melee enemies, but you're still vulnerable to guys with guns (you also have an air dodge where you web zip a little). Your Spider-Sense/Squiggly lines appear WAYYY before you need to actually dodge, so it's not so much a "Press this button now" prompt but instead it's a "look for enemies who are attacking" prompt. I'm assuming there will be an upgrade that makes it flash red or something when you need to actually press dodge, since that's what happens when there's an enemy with a gun. You're also not invulnerable during this dodge, so be careful where you move.

Enemies with weapons like stun guns or riot shields were a pain at first, but once you learn out to deal with them (for shield square then circle makes you slide under them, for tasers just air launch them, or you can hold triangle to take their weapon and slam them with it) they're not too bad.

One thing I think is pretty funny is how Insomniac took precautions so that Peter doesn't kill anyone when they fall off a roof (I was able to clearly see the trip mine go off and stick someone to the building), but you're able to have enemies shoot each other multiple times with machine guns. I was able to do that a couple times and I audibly went "Oh shit he's dead." But I guess if Robin can do it, so can Spider-Man (** Batman).

Yeah anyway, combat is fantastic. It's so deep and engaging, and it's like the swinging where it's pretty easy to pick up (I saw a 5 year old doing it) but it can be pretty tough to master.

Random Crimes

So in the demo there were:

Drug deals (fight in an alley, usually turns into a car chase, doesn't always if you're good enough)
Car chases with a bomb in a truck (I always took out the car first, then the truck, then took care of the bomb, but I think you can do it all in any order you want)
Store robberies
Shootouts in the street
These were all pretty fun, and they didn't get tooo repetitive (I wish that there were more animations during the truck chase, since I saw the same "swinging through the window" animation every single time. It was still cool though. And Spidey had a different quip each time which I liked.

The nice thing about these is that it's not at all like TASM2. In that game, you were punished with loading screens and cutscenes when you wanted to do a crime. But in this, I had a minute left and was going to Shocker when I heard about a drug deal, and I pulled a Mr. Incredible and just went to quickly stop that and then proceeded to just make it to the Shocker fight before time ran out (for those who don't know, you have 15 minutes to do what ever you want, and if you get into the Shocker boss fight in time, then you have 3 lives to beat him). So that's something I really liked about the crimes, was how you could just hop in, do something, then leave.

Fisk Construction Site where they're not doing much constructing

This was sort of "mandatory" (the game points you pretty heavily in that direction once you beat that first fight in the alley). You can go about it stealthily or guns webs blazing and fight everyone head on. Sometimes it can get pretty tough if you're not paying attention to your health, and I ended up dying once there. The enemy type is pretty varied which is nice. You have some pure punchers, some riot shields, some guns, some tasers, and even a guy with an RPG. I was expecting to get tired of "The place is held down. Actually, webbed down" but I still thought it was cute every time. Hopefully there's not a cutscene like that every time you beat a site in the full game.

Demon Bases

Woooo boy this was hard at first. I tried this my second time, and got my ass kicked. I was able to beat it, but just barely. The waves of enemies get bigger and bigger, and if you're not good at the combat yet, then stealth is your friend! There's some nice banter with MJ while you're doing it, and then some funny Spidey jokes, like: "Oh no! Stock brokers!... Wait, sorry, didn't see the masks" and "Heyyy, more guys! I'm sure you'll do better than the other guys who are just like you who I just wiped the floor with!"

I would have liked to see some more of these bases, since I have a feeling these can get pretty tough (one of the booth guys told me that it was the hardest thing in the demo, which I agree with in terms of combat). Hopefully there's some good variety to the interiors.

Shocker Fight

You all saw that. You know what it was. Let me just say it looks a lot easier than it really is. It's very unforgiving but fair in terms of what hits you and what doesn't, so you have to be really careful about when you dodge and when you hit him with the environmental.

Research Stations

I did two out of three research stations: one where I fixed the water pressure in a building and one where I take smog samples from the air. I chose to not do the chemical one, as that one was done during the Insomniac stream and I wanted to make sure I did all new things.

The water pressure one was kind of nice because it was very small scope. The research station reads that the water pressure in this building is too high, so Spidey goes to turn the knob to fix it. He **s up though and turns it up too high which causes some water towers to get holes in them, so you have to swing around and web up the holes, and then when you're done with that you follow the pipe to the bay were you see that it's blocked by trash, which you fix by pulling it with your web. I liked this one because there was no super villain, no bad guy, just being your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. It also ties into a "Just the Facts" clip that I'll talk about later.

The smog one had me swing around into clouds of gross looking fart gas and collect samples of smog (Spidey jokes about how bad that shit smells and it's pretty funny). Then when you get enough samples, Peter locates the make and model of the cars that created that smog and you have to go take pictures of each car. Pressing up on the D-pad opens up the camera, which you can use while still swinging around. L2 becomes zooming the camera, and L2+R1 becomes taking a picture. I wasn't able to check if this camera was there the whole time or just for the mission. Peter talks about how it reminds him of the old Bugle days and how JJ would barely pay him anything for these.

Taskmaster Challenges (Might be spoiler to some, it was in GameInformer podcast)

There was only the bomb challenge and the drone challenge in the demo, hopefully there's more variety. Both of them were hard as hell for newbies, the drone challenge in particular was pretty challenging. It puts your traversal skills to the test. I did that one on one of my later demo attempts where I was more familiar with the swinging, and I still wasn't able to get a gold score. I feel like those drone challenges are going to replace Ultimate Spider-Man's races which I really like, I think it's a smart way to do it.

The bomb challenge is also pretty tough, you go around and have to defuse a certain number of bombs in a certain amount of time (can't remember the exact number, I think it's 11 bombs in 90 seconds). It s** you based on how much you web up the bombs before they explode.

Each challenge had Taskmaster calling Peter and being all "Oo you're good, but not good enough Batman Spider-Man" and Peter's like "Ay ** off bro" (paraphrasing of course).

Just the Facts with JJ

These were pretty rare, I only heard two of them in my 8 times playing it. They seemed to be related to things that I did earlier in the demo (stopping crimes, research stations, etc). The first one was after I stopped a shootout in the street, and JJ was "debating" with a police officer who supported Spider-Man, which was pretty funny. The second one was after I did the water pressure research station where JJ blamed me for tampering with the water pressure. These were really enjoyable, and I would always make sure I stopped and listened to everything that was said. I'm a big JJ fan so it definitely seems like they got his character down from what I saw. The voice actor is pretty good. Nowhere close to JK Simmons, but about as good as Daran Norris from Spectacular Spider-Man who I really like.

Backpacks

Not a ton to say about these, they're scattered pretty well around the city. Some of them are obvious (like the one in the E3 gameplay that was released) and then some of them are hidden pretty well where you'll need to use your Spider-Sense (clicking R3 sends out a pulse that shows you key things like backpacks, environment interactions, and enemies through walls) to find them. Some of them had some pretty fun easter eggs like a Crusher Hogan ticket and Classic old school Webshooters. I wish I was able to get all of them and see what they all were, but one of the guys at the booth told me that a lot of them had things that only real Spidey fans would enjoy.

Gadgets

I didn't get a ton of use from the Web Bomb, but I used the Trip Wire a ton, and I really enjoyed that gadget. I'm not sure how it gets reloaded, like if it's time based or what, since it's kind of overpowered (you can take down 1-2 guys with the press of one button). There's some fun uses for it in stealth and in regular combat.

My only issue is just something I'll need to get used to: I just came from playing Doom, which had holding R1 was the weapon wheel. I kind of wish that was the same here, since it feels kind of weird holding L1 to get the gadget select and then using R1 to use the gadget. Again, it's such a small small thing, but it's something.

Web blossom was cool, didn't get much use out of it though. It was nice for when I was low on health and needed to take out a couple of last guys from a base or something.

Other Fun Things

I accidentally did Web Blossom while swinging and Spidey says "Well now I'm just showing off!" which I enjoyed. Also hanging around citizens is really fun, like high fiving and selfies and all that is really cool. I also like how some of them hate Spider-Man and can pull a gun on you, which happened to me once. I'm not the biggest fan of the prompt to interact with things (it's this weird target looking thing that turns into a triangle prompt), it's a little too much and I hope they change it in the full game.

I also technically lied to you guys, I only played it 7.9 times. On the 7th time, just before I was getting to Shocker the demo crashed on me and the people working the booth restarted it for me. So I was able to play for over a half hour straight lol.

(EDIT, forgot to add this) For my last playthrough, I put my own earbuds in over the game headphones and listened to the Spectacular Spider-Man theme song while I swung around, definitely the best feeling ever!

Also, this is kind of unrelated, but I had a great time with the people working the booth. I never got to learn any of their names, but everyone was just so cool and enthusiastic about the character and the game, that it made the 20ish minute worth it every single time, even without the game.

I also got to meet Jacinda Chew (art director for Insomniac) where I probably seemed a little crazy in all honesty (I may or may not have spealed about how important Spider-Man is to me and how the game looks fantastic, and how they're doing everything right when it comes to the character and what he represents). So yeah a little crazy. If you're reading this, Jacinda, trust me, I promise I'm not completely insane lol

Finally, the End of the Post

Holy shit this got long. So yeah my overall thoughts are: I can't **ing wait for September. I honestly miss the game already. I did pretty much everything in the demo, but those couple things like all the backpacks and the chemical research station are pretty much keeping me up at night. There's honestly so much to do in this demo, which is why I was able to come back so many times without getting bored. I feel like Insomniac really knocked it out of the park with this one, and you can bet your ass I'm gonna be first in line on September 7th.

TL/DR: If you haven't pre-ordered this game yet, you better fukkin do that shit ASAP because this demo was absolutely fantastic

还有43天了……

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
231 点
种子
22 点
注册时间
2015-9-4
最后登录
2023-3-16
发表于 2018-7-25 05:47  ·  广东 | 显示全部楼层
lz你倒是翻译一下啊

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
293 点
种子
2 点
注册时间
2015-12-17
最后登录
2019-12-29
发表于 2018-7-25 06:01  ·  美国 | 显示全部楼层
讲了操作,战斗,蛛网荡起来的时候慢慢加速这种小细节。
原po已经迫不及待了

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
3372 点
种子
179 点
注册时间
2004-9-4
最后登录
2024-1-29
发表于 2018-7-25 08:29  ·  广东 | 显示全部楼层
排了八次队才是遵守纪律的好少年。
该用户已被禁言

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
623 点
种子
5 点
注册时间
2018-3-30
最后登录
2019-5-26
发表于 2018-7-25 08:58  ·  陕西 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
厉害了,真爱啊

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
23554 点
种子
1093 点
注册时间
2007-7-19
最后登录
2024-5-11
发表于 2018-7-25 16:13  ·  香港 | 显示全部楼层
不知道遊戲時長多少。。。

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
49194 点
种子
3076 点
注册时间
2008-8-21
最后登录
2024-5-11
发表于 2018-7-25 16:44  ·  江苏 | 显示全部楼层
等正式版吧,快了

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
17480 点
种子
1302 点
注册时间
2017-1-30
最后登录
2024-5-12
发表于 2018-7-25 17:49  ·  云南 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
这家伙真夸张,摆荡***的太棒了,战斗我靠***太nb了(震惊、碉堡),我***已经等不及 看看a9有没有***

悟道者

丽法

精华
帖子
威望
3 点
积分
30297 点
种子
1646 点
注册时间
2014-12-7
最后登录
2023-3-16
 楼主| 发表于 2018-7-25 18:20  ·  广东 | 显示全部楼层
安息不二 发表于 2018-7-25 17:49
这家伙真夸张,摆荡***的太棒了,战斗我靠***太nb了(震惊、碉堡),我***已经等不及 看看a9有没有*** ...

和easy allies的反应一样,只是后者是从专业角度分析,这个只是普通玩家……
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|A9VG电玩部落 川公网安备 51019002005286号

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 11:13 , Processed in 0.234966 second(s), 21 queries , Redis On.