A9VG电玩部落论坛

找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 7480|回复: 35

[业界] Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: Dirt 5(机翻+轻微校正)

[复制链接]

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
8658 点
种子
1087 点
注册时间
2015-3-6
最后登录
2023-12-9
 楼主| 发表于 2020-6-11 08:38  ·  未知 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 Stars-Chivalry 于 2020-6-11 09:26 编辑

英:When it launches this holiday, Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console the world has ever seen. One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique capabilities of Xbox Series X, both for new titles built natively using the Xbox Series X development environment as well as previously released titles that have been rebuilt specifically for the console. In our Inside Xbox Series X Optimized series, these creators will share the behind-the-scenes accounts of how they’re optimizing their titles for Xbox Series X and what that means for the future of gaming. Today, we’ll be chatting with Technical Director at Codemasters David Springate about optimizing Dirt 5 for Xbox Series X. For an even deeper dive into Dirt 5 and its Xbox Series X enhancements, watch the interview above featuring David Springate as well.
中:当在这个假期推出时,Xbox Series X将成为世界上性能最强大的游戏机。所有这些性能带来的最大好处之一就是使开发人员能够制作经过Xbox Series X优化的游戏。这意味着他们已经充分利用了Xbox Series X的独特功能,这些功能既适用于使用Xbox Series X开发环境原生生成的新游戏,也适用于为先前发布的游戏在新主机进行重构。在我们的Inside Xbox Xbox X Optimized系列节目中,这些创作者将分享有关如何优化Xbox Series X的游戏以及这对未来游戏的意义的幕后故事。今天,我们将与Codemasters David Springate的技术总监聊天,以为Xbox Series X优化Dirt 5,深入了解Dirt 5及针对Xbox Series X的强化,请同时观看上面以David Springate为主题的采访。

英:Q: “What excites you most about developing and bringing Dirt 5 to life on next-generation hardware?”
中:问:“ 在下一代硬件上开发和带来Dirt 5时,您最兴奋的是什么?”

英:A: Xbox Series X has a whole host of exciting new features, so it’s hard to choose from them all!
中:答: Xbox Series X具有许多令人兴奋的新功能,因此很难从所有这些功能中进行选择!

英:Dirt 5 is a beautiful, fast, action-packed amplified off-road racing game and so being able to play it with options for 120fps on Xbox Series X is incredible.
中:《Dirt 5》是一款精美,快速,动作丰富的增强型越野赛车游戏,因此能够在Xbox Series X上以120fps的速度进行播放实在令人难以置信。

英:But Dirt 5 is also a very social experience. I can’t wait to see the beautiful screenshots users are going to post on Xbox and social media, using the new share button on the Series X controller, captured using our fantastic Photo Mode – I’m really looking forward to all the pictures people will take of lightning! These shots are going to look incredible on Series X, its RDNA 2 GPU is going to enable us to turn all the features up to 11 – and there are some extremely talented game photographers out there, I’ll be keeping an eye out!
中:但是,Dirt 5也会带来一种非常社交的体验。我迫不及待地想要看到用户将要使用Xbox X控制器上的新共享按钮(使用我们出色的照片模式拍摄)捕获的精美截图,它们将在Xbox和社交媒体上发布–我真的很期待所有图片使用者会闪电!这些照片在Series X上看起来令人难以置信,其RDNA 2 GPU将使我们能够将所有功能提升到11 –而且这里有一些非常有才华的游戏摄影师,我会一直注意的!

英:Q: In addition to benefiting from the power and performance of Xbox Series X for quicker load times etc. what Xbox Series X features were you most excited to explore leveraging in the development of Dirt 5?
中:问:除了得益于Xbox Series X的强大功能和性能以加快加载时间等,您最兴奋地探索在Dirt 5的开发中探索Xbox Xbox X的哪些功能?

英:A: I love that features like the fast SSD and the ray-tracing capabilities of the GPU are some of the more talked about but I am very impressed with the power of the new Zen 2 based processor.
中:答:我喜欢快速SSD和GPU的光线跟踪功能等功能,但我对基于Zen 2的新型处理器的强大功能印象深刻。

英:The CPU is very powerful – and its simultaneous multi-threading is very impressive! We’re used to dealing with the concept of running multiple threads on PC CPU ** and sharing the resources of that processor across multiple threads but actually, the SMT in the Series X processor is far more capable than usual CPUs. We found that the Dirt 5 engine was able to easily make great use of this and sprang to life across the 16 hardware threads available to us on Series X.
中:CPU非常强大–同时执行多线程功能令人印象深刻!我们习惯于在PC CPU内核上运行多个线程并在多个线程之间共享该处理器的资源的概念,但实际上,Series X处理器中的SMT比普通CPU的功能要强大得多。我们发现Dirt 5引擎能够轻松地充分利用这一点,并在X系列上提供给我们的16个硬件线程中不断更新。

英:Q: How will these enhancements impact a player’s experience with Dirt 5?
中:问:这些增强功能将如何影响玩家使用《尘土5》的体验?

英:A: Some people have a misconception that frame times and performance are limited to just how fast your GPU is, but CPU performance is obviously critical too, it would be no good if you had a GPU that can render beautiful visuals at 4K at 120fps if you don’t have a CPU that can generate enough frame data to render that quickly on the GPU. A powerful GPU needs a powerful CPU to back it up and Xbox Series X delivers this. Being able to spread more work across all those **, in a scalable engine like the one we have at Cheshire Studio means that we have more CPU time left to spend on improved physics, lower latency input, AI updates – we’re able to deliver more than we could before.
中:答:有些人误以为帧时间和性能仅限于GPU的速度,但是CPU性能显然也很关键,如果您的GPU能够以120fps的4K分辨率呈现美丽的视觉效果,那将是不好的您没有CPU可以生成足够的帧数据来在GPU上快速渲染。强大的GPU需要强大的CPU来备份它,Xbox Series X可以提供此功能。像Cheshire Studio一样,能够在所有这些内核上分配更多工作,这意味着我们还有更多的CPU时间用于改善物理性能,降低延迟输入和AI更新–我们能够交付比以前更多。

英:Q: Why did your development team choose to focus on 4k resolution and 120fps as enhancement areas for Dirt 5?
中:问:您的开发团队为什么选择专注于4k分辨率和120fps作为Dirt 5的增强功能?

英:A: Framerate is obviously key in a racing game. You get a stronger sense of speed and responsiveness at higher frame rates. 120fps seemed crazy to me at first, when Xbox told me that Xbox Series X could support 120fps, I thought “Sure, for something a little more simple perhaps… Perhaps a simple arcade game or something…”
中:答:帧速率显然是赛车游戏中的关键。在更高的帧速率下,您会获得更强的速度和响应能力。起初120fps对我来说似乎很疯狂,当Xbox告诉我Xbox Series X可以支持120fps时,我想:“当然,可能是一些更简单的东西……也许是一个简单的街机游戏……”

英:Firstly, I was very surprised at how quickly we were able to configure for 120fps and get it up and running. More importantly, I was shocked at how quickly we could hit 120fps! We hadn’t done any optimization for it at this stage but the game was frequently hitting 120fps.
中:首先,我对我们能够如此快速地配置120fps并使其启动并运行感到非常惊讶。更重要的是,我对我们能达到120fps的速度感到震惊!我们在此阶段尚未对其进行任何优化,但游戏速度经常达到120fps。

英:We chose to support high frame rates because simply, the power of Series X meant we could. It’s such a great, smooth experience – I hadn’t experienced another racer like it.
中:我们选择支持高帧速率是因为X系列的强大功能意味着我们可以做到。这是一次很棒,流畅的体验-我还没有经历过像这样的赛车手。

英:Q: How do you expect fans of Dirt 5 will respond to playing it on Xbox Series X with these enhancements?
中:问:您如何看待《尘土5》的支持者对通过这些增强功能在Xbox Series X上玩游戏的反应?

英:A: On launch day, I’ll be booting up my Series X (*cough* You’re sending me one, right, Xbox? *cough*) and jumping online to play Dirt 5 with the fans. I can’t wait to hear what they have to say.
中:答:在发布会那天,我将启动我的Series X(*咳嗽*,您要给我发一个,对,Xbox?*咳嗽*),然后跳到网上与粉丝们玩《尘土5》。我等不及要听听他们怎么说。

英:As gamers, we’re at a place where players know that there is a significant difference between 30fps and 60fps.
中:作为游戏玩家,我们处在一个让玩家知道30fps和60fps之间有显着差异的地方。

英:Sometimes, this is a choice for players, a compromise of whether they want the game to feel great or look great.
中:有时候,这是玩家的选择,这是他们希望游戏感觉很棒还是看起来不错的折衷方案。

英:For Dirt 5, the power of Series X means that the game looks incredible at 60fps – you’ve seen it, it looks fantastic – but we’re also able to offer amazingly smooth, responsive gameplay at 120fps while still looking gorgeous.
中:对于Dirt 5, Series X的强大功能意味着该游戏在60fps时看起来令人难以置信–您已经看到它看起来很棒–但是我们还能够在120fps时提供令人惊奇的流畅,响应式游戏,同时仍然看起来很漂亮。

英:Q: What is it like developing on Xbox Series X?
中:问:在Xbox Series X上进行开发的感觉如何?

英:A: Transitioning development to a new console platform, like Xbox Series X, is usually very painful. You have to deal with new tools, new workflows, new ways of thinking.
中:答:将开发过渡到新的游戏主机(例如Xbox Series X)通常很痛苦。您必须应对新工具,新工作流程,新思维方式。

英:This time around the team at Xbox brought me a new toolset called the Game Development Kit, which they already had up and running on Xbox One.
中:这次,Xbox团队带来了一个名为Game Development Kit的新工具集,他们已经在Xbox One上运行了该工具集。

英:This meant that we could make the transition much earlier. In fact, we started doing the groundwork for Xbox Series X development long before we even received the hardware. This kind of thinking from Xbox allowed us to get a real head-start on next-gen development, so after receiving our early Xbox Series X hardware, we were up and running really quickly.
中:这意味着我们可以更早地进行过渡。实际上,很早在我们还没有收到硬件之前,我们就开始为Xbox Series X开发打下基础。Xbox的这种想法使我们能够真正掌握下一**发的先机,因此在收到我们早期的Xbox Series X硬件之后,我们就可以很快地启动并运行。

英:For me, the most important thing in making a videogame is the relationships. Working with Xbox, is a partnership – the team at Xbox is committed to helping us make a great videogame and they’ve shown that to me again and again. That means being open and honest about our experiences; what we’ve loved and perhaps even what we’ve found diffi** in development has had meaningful, visible impact on the updates that I get for the tools for Series X. (Shout out to our development partner at Xbox, Richard Hackett! Thanks Rich!)
中:对我来说,制作视频游戏最重要的是关系。与Xbox合作是一种伙伴关系– Xbox团队致力于帮助我们打造出色的视频游戏,他们一次又一次地向我展示了这一点。这意味着对我们的经历要开放和诚实;我们喜欢的东西甚至可能是我们发现开发中遇到的困难对我获得的X系列工具的更新产生了有意义的,明显的影响。(向Xbox开发伙伴Richard Richardett致谢! !)

英:I’ve never worked on a console launch where, while we’re still months away from release, the tools have been this mature, this stable, this easy to work with.
中:我从来没有进行过主机首发的工作,尽管离发行版还有几个月的时间,但这些工具已经成熟,稳定,易于使用。

英:Q: Which enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Dirt 5 on Xbox Series X?
中:问:您最激动地探索在Xbox Series X上利用Dirt 5的哪些增强功能?

英:A: Obviously, that SSD drive is incredible. It’s not like a PC SSD, it’s more than that. Being able to load data so ridiculously fast is not only really impressive but as a developer, it’s very interesting.
中:答:显然,SSD驱动器是不可思议的。它不像PC SSD,还不止如此。能够如此快地加载数据不仅令人印象深刻,而且作为开发人员,这非常有趣。

英:For Dirt 5, we’re going to be able to get into races super fast. It means no loading screens getting in the way, no dawdling, no looking at my phone, it means that the action will be non-stop.
中:对于Dirt 5,我们将能够超快地进入比赛。这意味着不会有任何加载屏幕出现,没有磨蹭,也不会看着我的手机,这意味着操作将是不间断的。

英:In the future, I’m really excited to see how this technology is going to change the face of videogames because I really believe it will.
中:将来,我真的很高兴看到这项技术将如何改变电子游戏的面貌,因为我真的相信会有所改变。

英:Q: What does Smart Delivery mean for your game and how you’re bringing Dirt 5 to fans?
中:问:Smart Delivery对您的游戏意味着什么,以及如何将Dirt 5带给粉丝?

英:A: We’re gamers at Codemasters. Charging our players more to play a game they already own, on a new console, seems crazy to us.
中:答:我们是Codemasters的游戏玩家。让我们的玩家多花钱在新游戏机上玩他们已经拥有的游戏,对我们来说似乎很疯狂。

英:Equally, I like playing on my Xbox One S upstairs in my house and I expect that games I play on Series X should be playable upstairs too. That just seems natural to me, I want cost and purchases to get out of the way and not stop me playing a game I’m enjoying.
中:同样,我喜欢在楼上的Xbox One S上玩游戏,我希望在X系列上玩的游戏也可以在楼上玩。在我看来,这很自然,我希望成本和购买能摆脱困境,而不是阻止我玩自己喜欢的游戏。

英:Smart Delivery means your games come with you to every Xbox One and Xbox Series X console you own. If you buy Dirt 5 on Xbox One, you get the Series X version for free when you buy your new console. Or buy it on Xbox Series X on the day of release and have it available to still enjoy on your Xbox One X when you’re playing there.
中:Smart Delivery意味着您的游戏将随您拥有的每个Xbox One和Xbox Series X主机一起提供。如果您在Xbox One上购买Dirt 5,则在购买新游戏机时将免费获得Series X版本。或在发行当天在Xbox Series X上购买它,并在Xbox One X上玩游戏时仍然可以在Xbox One X上欣赏它。

英:Smart Delivery allows you to play Dirt 5 wherever there’s an Xbox and that’s what I want – more places for you to play!
中:Smart Delivery可让您在有Xbox的任何地方玩Dirt 5,这就是我想要的–更多的游戏地点!

英:Q: What does Xbox Series X/next-generation development enable in current or future projects that you could not have achieved with the current generation of consoles?
中:问:Xbox Series X /下一**发可以在当前或将来的项目中实现哪些功能,而这是使用当前版本的游戏主机无法实现的?

英:A: There are loads of things for us to still explore in the new hardware but I’m most intrigued to see what we can do with the new SSD drive and the hardware decompression capabilities in the Xbox Velocity Architecture.
中:答:在新硬件中仍有很多事情需要我们去探索,但是我最感兴趣的是看到我们可以使用Xbox SSD的新SSD驱动器和硬件解压缩功能来做什么。

英:The drive is so fast that I can load data mid-frame, use it, consume it, unload and replace it with something else in the middle of a frame, treating GPU memory like a virtual disk. How much texture data can I now load?
中:该驱动器是如此之快,以至于我可以在帧中间加载,使用,消耗,卸载数据并将其替换为帧中间的其他内容,从而将GPU内存像虚拟磁盘一样对待。我现在可以加载多少纹理数据?

英:I’m looking forward to pushing this as far as I can to see what kind of beautiful experiences we can deliver.
中:我期待着将这一努力推到最大,以了解我们可以提供什么样的美好体验。

英:I love exciting new hardware that changes the face of videogame development and that’s exactly what Series X is. I’m looking forward to where we’re all going to go from here!
中:我喜欢令人兴奋的新硬件,这些新硬件改变了视频游戏开发的面貌,而这正是X系列的本质。我很期待我们从这里到哪里去!

原文地址:https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/10/inside-xbox-series-x-optimized-dirt-5/amp/?__***_impression=true

求败者

游吟者Fractured Mode

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
22368 点
种子
1501 点
注册时间
2011-1-1
最后登录
2024-5-11
发表于 2020-6-11 08:39  ·  广东 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 devilyoh 于 2020-6-11 08:42 编辑

最后那句翻译挺喜感

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
4364 点
种子
43 点
注册时间
2014-12-31
最后登录
2024-5-10
发表于 2020-6-11 08:44  ·  台湾 | 显示全部楼层
看到「社交」兩字突然心情冷卻了,玩遊戲還社交
该用户已被禁言

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
342 点
种子
5 点
注册时间
2017-2-7
最后登录
2021-7-19
发表于 2020-6-11 08:49  ·  浙江 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
居然是楼主发的这帖子没想到

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
4298 点
种子
12 点
注册时间
2015-11-8
最后登录
2024-5-11
发表于 2020-6-11 08:55  ·  上海 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
机翻有点差,但大概意思懂了。

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
8 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2019-8-1
最后登录
2019-8-1
发表于 2020-6-11 08:58  ·  未知 | 显示全部楼层
在PS5 SSD面前什么都是渣,还吹撒

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
5499 点
种子
340 点
注册时间
2010-9-9
最后登录
2023-12-5
发表于 2020-6-11 09:02  ·  福建 | 显示全部楼层
理性玩家 发表于 2020-6-11 08:44
看到「社交」兩字突然心情冷卻了,玩遊戲還社交

XBOX主打社交网游现在,微软第一方游戏都是弱单机强联机的

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
10220 点
种子
133 点
注册时间
2008-6-19
最后登录
2024-5-10
发表于 2020-6-11 10:12  ·  广东 | 显示全部楼层
我将启动我的Series X(*咳嗽*,您要给我发一个,对,Xbox?*咳嗽*)

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
1713 点
种子
152 点
注册时间
2014-7-13
最后登录
2024-5-5
发表于 2020-6-11 10:18  ·  云南 | 显示全部楼层
兴奋了这么多,同样有PS5版本。跨平台游戏不会有多大差别,真正的特性还得看独占

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
7375 点
种子
57 点
注册时间
2013-6-24
最后登录
2024-5-10
发表于 2020-6-11 10:32  ·  四川 | 显示全部楼层
120fps的赛车配合vr才是王道
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|A9VG电玩部落 川公网安备 51019002005286号

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 08:38 , Processed in 0.238978 second(s), 19 queries , Redis On.