种子
10 点
注册时间
2007-5-9
最后登录
2021-12-19
 楼主| 发表于 2010-4-16 19:20  ·  马来西亚 | 显示全部楼层
刚才的短信太长,发不完,索性发这里了,顺便当感想的一部分,别介意。

小说推荐的话,我觉得应该去美式rpg区问问吧,记得以前看过有位看很多奇幻小说的人,也推荐过我,不过我都不记得了...

不过我看的不会很多,我看过的那几本估计你都知道的,xg贴里说过的,而我现在的坑都是dnd的,也是区里说过几次的那些。其他的,暂时还没考虑去看就是了。

不过我看过的里呢,最喜欢的还是龙族和Drizzt系列,有名的龙枪3部曲和罗德岛,我都没有太好的评价就是了...

我不懂drizzt系列你看了多少,不过这个作者在暗黑精灵3部曲后,写了2个4部曲,2个三部曲,还有一个外传性质的3部曲,而新合约还会让他写到2016年,有兴趣可以继续追下去。

接着的2个4部曲呢,是这几年才有网络上的手打版本,后面的都全只有英文了。

我现在看着紧接冰风谷3部曲的剧情的Legacy of Drow 4部曲,看到第3本的50%了,原本担心量产后会质量下降的,但是至少这个4部曲的情节还是很出色,没看过的话推荐下。

对了,也许可以上这儿找奇幻小说:

http://www.cndkc.net/bbs/

感觉算是较不错奇幻论坛。

精华
帖子
威望
17 点
积分
15313 点
种子
10 点
注册时间
2007-5-9
最后登录
2021-12-19
 楼主| 发表于 2010-4-16 19:23  ·  马来西亚 | 显示全部楼层
绝霜是最没资格说我的吧,你几乎都没回来了...

---

今天出去买ps2盘,发现JS在痛快的玩暴雨,问他樱战5时,竟然说这么老的游戏不可能有了,完全不懂有英文版出现...而看来也没入盘的打算...悲剧1。

同时翻了所有老盘时,抱着一片希望能找到最近非常有兴趣的那个PS2上的DND RPG,因为我现在沉迷的那个DND小说家,就是这个游戏的编剧...而这个游戏很有DND的味道,世界观和人物联系上都是(系统方面就不是),但是呢...悲剧2了。

精华
帖子
威望
17 点
积分
15313 点
种子
10 点
注册时间
2007-5-9
最后登录
2021-12-19
 楼主| 发表于 2010-4-16 19:37  ·  马来西亚 | 显示全部楼层
跑题下,HDK你要的访谈,我只存下文字,发PM应该看不清楚吧。

I had an opportunity to ask George Ziets (MotB creative lead) a few questions about Mask of the Betrayer design aspects. If you missed the game, here is my review.

1. I've heard rumors that you are tired of "medieval fantasy" RPGs. I'm pretty sure that I know what you mean, but I'm curious about your reasons. Also, what exactly did you do to separate Mask of the Betrayer from such games?

I think this depends on whether I’m thinking as a player or as a designer.

First, the player’s perspective. When I open a new book, or sit down to watch a movie, or purchase an RPG, I want to be introduced to a world that I’ve never imagined before. I’m drawn to fantasy and science fiction for the thrill of discovery - to peel away the layers of setting and learn the “rules” of a new world. Some writers are brilliant at this. George R. R. Martin and Scott Lynch are two of my more recent favorites.

Now, it certainly isn’t impossible for an imaginative and intriguing world to be set in medieval Europe (or some facsimile thereof). The two authors I just mentioned base a lot of their material on real-world European ***ures, and I found that The Witcher also presented a fresh take on some old formulas. But many, many games (and less effective novels) seem to be mired in the same old formula. As soon as I see elves, dwarves, and orcs, I can pretty well guess how they relate to one another, and what the world is going to be like… and I’m usually right (The Witcher notwithstanding). Once my curiosity has faded, so has my interest in the book, movie, or game.

That brings me to the designer’s perspective… and now that I think about it, the two perspectives are pretty closely related. As a designer, I need to be inspired by my game’s setting. Even when I’m the author or lead writer, I’ve got to have that sense of discovery. That’s what gets me out of bed for a long day of building levels, designing quests, or writing dialogue. It’s all a process of discovery. If I’m drawing my inspiration from, say, Slavic mythology - not something I knew much about, before I worked on MotB - then I’m truly learning and discovering something new. And that leads to all sorts of new ideas and connections. But if I’m working in the same old fantasy setting that I’ve been reading and playing for twenty years… it’s awfully diffi*** to come up with fresh and exciting ideas.

I think that was my first realization on MotB. To craft a story that I’d feel excited about, I needed to move the player into a new and previously unseen part of the Forgotten Realms. The Sword Coast felt like a pretty generic setting - one I’d seen many times before. Rashemen, on the other hand, was an interesting pastiche of Slavic and Japanese elements, with animistic undertones. Once I’d immersed myself in Slavic, Japanese, and animistic mythologies, the basic ingredients of MotB really began to take shape. ?I’d never have been able to craft the story of Mask if I’d “stayed” in the Sword Coast. Creativity requires fresh ammunition.

2. I guess you and Kevin Saunders really pushed the game into a different direction from NWN2. What was behind this decision? What are your thoughts, as a designer, on NWN2?

NWN2’s biggest sin was probably ambition. The team tried to do too much in too little time, and everything suffered a bit. It’s an awfully common story in the games industry, as anyone who plays a lot of games probably knows.

So when Kevin Saunders and I started preproduction on MotB (before NWN2 had even shipped), we ended up being pretty conservative… and that was for the best. Credit goes to Kevin for this - he recognized early that we had a short development cycle, and we had to focus on what we knew we could achieve, and nothing more, lest our game feel unfinished in the end.

For me, as creative lead, my unabashed focus was story. That turned out well from a production standpoint, since we could implement story with existing tools and tech. I really wanted to tell a personal story - more on that below - in a different part of the Forgotten Realms. So we devoted our efforts toward telling that story as thoroughly as we could, and we kept the core gameplay largely the same. There were some things we knew we wouldn’t have time to implement properly, like the NWN2 stronghold and a “full suite” of companions, so we dropped those features. (In fact, Kaelyn the Dove - my personal favorite companion - very nearly got cut. Timely assistance from Chris Avellone was all that saved her.)

That strict sense of focus taught me a lot. As developers, we should identify early what we can achieve in the time we have, and we should focus on those features. It’s better to build a game that delivers a smaller number of features at a higher level of polish than to build a game that tries to do more than development time allows, as NWN2 did.

3. Tell me about MotB story. How was it chosen and designed? Why no ancient evil and world-saving? Why the focus on "you"?

I’m pretty strongly against “save the world” stories. For one thing, they’re incredibly cliché, and as a player, I’m just plain tired of them. For another, they tend to generate unrealistic characters and villains. But perhaps most importantly, does the player really care? If players are dropped into a fantasy world, in which they’re essentially strangers, does the fate of that world matter to them? Sure, many players will battle their way through the game regardless, but does a world-saving story actually reach them on an emotional level? Sometimes, if NPCs are presented well, and the player gets attached to them, it might… but that brings me to my next point.

Human emotions aren’t wired to comprehend the idea of saving an entire world, or a galaxy. We developed in tiny groups and tribes, and it’s personal stories that resonate best with us, on an emotional level.

But small, personal stories rarely lead to epic battles, hideous monsters, and interplanar travel. And let’s face it, that’s the stuff that usually creates fun gameplay. So in my opinion, why not marry the two - craft a personal story that will resonate with the player’s emotions, but set it against a backdrop of epic events.

That’s what I set out to do on MotB. I wanted players to be drawn into the story from the start, so I directed the initial threat against players, themselves. ?No empathy required, at first - if players wanted to survive, they needed to figure out the curse that had been placed upon them, and how they could get rid of it. Then, as players set out to unravel the mystery of the curse, they begin to uncover a very human story that led to an epic, world-shaking event. My goal was to give all the major characters, both villains and heroes, believable motivations. These characters all had good reasons for what they did, based upon their own values. As players learned more about them, I hoped they’d be drawn into the story emotionally, sympathizing with some of the NPCs, and hating others.

Players had to resolve their curse, one way or another - otherwise they’d die - but everything else was left up to their own judgment. They could choose one side or the other in an ancient ideological conflict, they could sympathize with one or another of the major characters, or they could choose a selfish path and let the world sort itself out. Ultimately, players got to experience epic places and events… but they were just a backdrop for a very personal storyline, and players got to react to that storyline on their own terms.

4. The game can be described as "story-driven", yet it was non-linear and filled with choices. Few questions here:

a) How did you manage to pull that off? Was it diffi*** to balance all the options without breaking anything?

The secret was careful control. Important choices - the ones that were really meaningful - were only offered at a few critical moments in the storyline.

For the most part, I relied on choke points - major game moments where the player learned critical story information and the plot moved forward. I made certain that every player would pass through those choke points in order to progress through the game. So the choke points were a perfect opportunity to offer critical choices to the player, and also to “pay off“ on previous choices.

What were some choke points in MotB? Well, here are the most important ones:

 ?The emergence of the spirit-eater curse, when the player chooses whether or not to devour Okku.

 ?The conversation with Myrkul, which can end in any number of ways, and is probably the most important moment in the game.

 ?The conversation with the Founder, where the player learns the truth about the curse and must decide how to react to her story.

 ?The parley at the gates of the City of Judgment, where the player decides whether or not to join the Crusade.

 ?And of course, the final battle with the Faceless Man.

Notice that the player makes major decisions at each of these choke points. There are other decisions to be made in the game, but most of the repercussions are relatively minor. The decisions made at these critical moments have far-reaching and highly visible consequences.

The decision to spare or devour Okku is an example. That choice had repercussions throughout Act II of the game - the way the Witches and Rashemi react to the player, the nature of numerous side encounters like the uthraki and the bear spirits, and even the availability of a companion, One of Many.

b) The industry firmly believes that choices are confusing (tyranny of choices?) and non-linearity is a puzzle that nobody wants. What are your thoughts on that?

Hmm. Maybe it’s the studios I’ve worked for, but I’ve actually found that nonlinearity is a goal of many developers. There’s a definite recognition that players want nonlinearity, and developers want to give it to them… especially with the success of games like Oblivion and the GTA franchise. But “nonlinearity” is usually interpreted as a nonlinear world, not a nonlinear story.

Take the example of Oblivion, which offers a huge, nonlinear world. There’s plenty to do, and the whole world is open to the player from the start of the game. If players want to ignore the storyline and pursue guild quests, or enrich themselves through burglary and assassination, they can. But the main storyline is linear. At its core, Oblivion’s story is a series of quests that must be tackled in a proscribed order.

Player choices and nonlinear storylines complicate the picture. On the one hand, giving players important choices that affect the direction of the game is a good thing, since that improves replayability. On the other hand, implementing player choices can lead to bugs if it isn’t done properly, and no one wants to ship a product that is perceived as buggy.

On the whole, I’m fairly optimistic that we’re going to see more and more nonlinearity in RPGs. (I can’t speak for other genres, having only worked on single- and multi-player RPGs). We’ll certainly see more nonlinear worlds. And as designers learn how to implement them better, I think we’ll see more player choices with meaningful outcomes, too.

c) Mutually exclusive options raise concerns that players would miss a lot of content, remaining unaware of everything a game has to offer. How do you deal with that stress?

On MotB, we knew that we had a very limited budget, and we weren’t going to be able to create encounters and quests solely to support one player choice or another. So the story events were the same for everyone… but they played out differently, depending upon the player’s prior choices.

The conversation with Myrkul, for example, could begin and end in many different ways, dependent upon how the player had handled the curse, what information had been uncovered, and decisions made during the dialogue. But at least two thirds of that encounter was theoretically the same for all players, which allowed a good balance between universal and tailored content.

d) Any tips for aspiring developers who wish to make story-driven, non-linear games with choices & consequences?

One of the most important things you can do, as a designer, is to determine your key story moments as early as possible. These are the moments when the effects of previous decisions should be clearly felt, and new, meaningful decisions should be offered to the player. These decisions shouldn’t be arbitrary - they should relate directly to the central questions and themes of your game. In MotB, for example, the player’s critical choices always came back to the relationship between the player and the curse.

Once you’ve identified your critical choices, make them “pay off” in as many ways as you can. If the game responds clearly to the player’s critical choices, players will understand that their choices matter in your world.

5. I think that Mask of the Betrayer is one of the few games that actually do offer a genuine, well supported "evil path" through the game. How did that happen? Any personal rules/preferences on designing evil options and party members?

We were helped a lot by the nature of the player’s curse. There were so many cool (evil) things that the curse allowed players to do: devour the soul of a dead god, construct an undead servant from the ghosts of a hundred mass murderers, shatter the thousand-year-old dream of oracle-hags… It gets back to something I’ve heard Chris Avellone say - find ways to let the player do something incredibly cool that they‘ve never done before. For us, a lot of those cool things were decidedly evil.

But we also set ourselves a goal that evil PCs wouldn’t be second-class citizens, and (maybe more importantly) that they wouldn’t be presented as mindless thugs. A lot of us felt like the “evil path” in many RPGs was given less attention than the “good path” (sorta like the Horde vs. the Alliance in WoW, but I digress).

The usual portrayal of evil in games is pretty one-dimensional. Evil equals psychotic. Evil PCs are presented as brutal thugs, and “evil” choices involve mortal threats or outright murder… and as storytellers, there’s only so much mileage we can get from random acts of violence. If that’s the extent of a game’s “evil path,” it’s no surprise to me that it would be poorly supported.

Personally, I wanted to portray a more realistic sort of evil in MotB. Evil can mean a lot of things. It can be manipulative, selfish, cowardly, vengeful, cheating… not just thuggish. ?What’s more, evil people don’t think they’re evil. Usually, they’re reacting to challenging events, just like the rest of us. It’s their means of dealing with those challenges that are good or bad.

In MotB, we put players in a very challenging situation - we gave them a curse that would 1) make them social pariahs, 2) ultimately kill them, but 3) give them incredible power. That’s a weighty combination. By putting the player in a more ambiguous moral situation, we created more opportunities for evil choices that made sense.

I should point out that we tried to portray a more multi-faceted sort of evil in our villains, too. Was the Founder evil? Or Akachi? Or the hags of the Coven? They certainly didn’t think so… but players got to hear their sides of the story and decide for themselves.

---

闪人去思考下,该玩什么游戏好...PT都通关一个星期了...好久没有这样的情况了...

文章的亮点很多,《巫师》也是,作者的理念也是,作者被异域作者间接影响等也是。如果黑曜石里头还有这样的剧本家的话,我说黑曜石为了的作品的剧情,也许可以期待下的。

顺带一提,异域绝对是最强的“邪恶角色扮演”游戏,不是单纯的做***和偷盗行为而已,而是因为剧情上对邪恶的支援非常高,在怎么说...这个是可以用言语“骂死人”的神作啊...

战士

菲奥伦是我嫁!

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
1148 点
种子
5 点
注册时间
2008-2-5
最后登录
2020-3-7
发表于 2010-4-16 20:02  ·  湖北 | 显示全部楼层
刚刚看了一位朋友的FF14的试玩视频,没什么看点,只有植松伸夫大人的音乐最吸引人,2个小时的人参就是在音乐里度过。
过场动画的素质很赞,只是游戏很K,具体细节方面还是没法说。
----------------------------我是猥琐的分割线----------------------------------
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTY1NTg1Mjgw.html

圣骑士

火星移民

精华
帖子
威望
2 点
积分
3182 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2009-12-16
最后登录
2014-10-10
发表于 2010-4-16 21:24  ·  上海 | 显示全部楼层
恩 那个论坛注册了。。。一进去就看到不少熟悉的系列名字呢,是得补补课了

崔斯特系列就看了暗黑精灵+冰风谷6本,接下来就应该是你说的那个4部曲了

黑岛历史对着英文WIKI看了一遍,也看了黑曜石的一些资料,其实BIOWARE最近的成绩相当不错啊,DAO和ME2反响都很好,而且这两作还会在明年出续集。只要用心在游戏完成度上下功夫,黑岛还是能做出优秀的作品来的。话说那个访谈里真是有看到对日本文化的取材呢,这也改变了我以前对欧美奇幻作品在设定上坐吃山空的观点,虽然跟大神应该没有直接的联系。。。至于那个所谓的非线性流程么,我觉得还是篇幅限制了玩家的自由度,本来很好的构思反而变成多周目的蛋疼了= =

接下来水点

FF14 DUMP 版OST 已有,音乐区出门右转。。。

UBI将推出Assassins Creed 2年度版,该年度版集成被删除的两个章节
OTL。。。不带这么玩的,UBI我XXX。。。

L5 日野社长Xイシイジロウ 新作发布。。。很群像很428= =

新番中最期待的2部之一 さらい屋 五葉 终于有第一话了。。。对话完全是时代剧的风格,比起刀语的古装版现代夫妻相声正经多了= =

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
6394 点
种子
15 点
注册时间
2008-9-5
最后登录
2024-10-8
发表于 2010-4-16 22:34  ·  上海 | 显示全部楼层
小雷你昨天原本说的那些话,我可都是一字不差的全看见了,我都有点慌了,不敢再这贴回复了。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

明天生日,居然要全天在那大专重修,家人又去香港旅游了,家里又就我一人。生日这种日子,和平常有什么两样,结果都一样,什么都改变不了。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

战士

菲奥伦是我嫁!

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
1148 点
种子
5 点
注册时间
2008-2-5
最后登录
2020-3-7
发表于 2010-4-16 22:57  ·  湖北 | 显示全部楼层
彼岸花开之夜
-------------------------------
07的新作的这部漫画终于与大家见面了
首先对于这部漫画作品可以看出来十分的暗黑
猎奇,***,***,黑化
几乎看了使人十分压抑
首先故事的女主角森谷是个弱小的女孩子
经常被同学欺负,后来又被无耻的老师带到旧校舍XX,然后定期OOXX,心情不好的时候拿她发泄.......
第一话的重要线索就是怪谈---漂亮的LOLI人偶
根据几年前的0话,这个人偶会回应女主角的愿望,与她一起行动
不过这一集还是太令人压抑了,看了特别让人义愤填膺,有种想把故事里的坏人全都杀了的冲动
不过我长期看了不少比这更压抑的东西,至少立刻淡定
黑化后的女主角到底有什么行动去报复坏人们,希望下一话能有个交代
总之,故事开端不错。
有兴趣的可以追。
PS:漫画的作者还是有一定的功力的,唯一的不足就是其余的人物不过生动(就是看起来不像坏人),森谷黑化后的表现也不够扭曲(是你才扭曲吧)

审判者

玩家只是候鸟,有时候他也不清楚自己的海誓山盟会有多少保质期

精华
帖子
威望
0 点
积分
17230 点
种子
11 点
注册时间
2008-6-10
最后登录
2020-7-26
发表于 2010-4-16 23:20  ·  上海 | 显示全部楼层
EX FILE=100%才能在EX MISSIONS里出现“沙罗漫蛇”射击游戏!!!
(我先打出SS评价但没有出现此游戏,当时EXFILE=99%。)
ZOE2的3D沙羅漫蛇拉秘技!在游戏中按START再输入下面的
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → L1 R1
-------------------
没想到……
看来恶魔城估计也有盼头wwww

圣骑士

火星移民

精华
帖子
威望
2 点
积分
3182 点
种子
0 点
注册时间
2009-12-16
最后登录
2014-10-10
发表于 2010-4-16 23:21  ·  上海 | 显示全部楼层
那就提前祝BNM君生日快乐了~

漫画?我认为只有AVG才是龙骑最适合的表达方式...还有这家伙最近是不是坑多了一点?07你可千万别吧海猫给烂尾了啊

挂版VIP

SとMONOの大ファン

精华
帖子
威望
22 点
积分
36503 点
种子
27 点
注册时间
2005-7-4
最后登录
2024-10-4
发表于 2010-4-17 01:15  ·  加拿大 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用hdkf11于2010-04-16 18:40发表的:
。。。原来是外传啊- -

感觉从ALPHA开始脱力这精神就没什么用了。。。本身难度变低了也是个原因

不过外传的最终BOSS还是比较强悍的。。。

偶不是说这个精神= =
而是说没动力继续玩了
SRPG通常都会这样感觉

现在的PS2还是找个可靠的源慢慢拖吧
估计会有人传MU的
从那里下也可以

HUJIN君没下了个RIP出的BGM集吗
那个数量挺多的
不知道等到FF14OST发售也什么时候了
整体素质还是比FFB好
下面是引用hujin于2010-04-16 22:57发表的:
彼岸花开之夜
-------------------------------
07的新作的这部漫画终于与大家见面了
首先对于这部漫画作品可以看出来十分的暗黑
猎奇,***,***,黑化

玩过龙骑士的大狼隐后
偶就决定今后只看动画了
那节奏的确有问题
偶无数次玩着玩着睡着了= =
下面是引用御神水于2010-04-16 23:20发表的:
EX FILE=100%才能在EX MISSIONS里出现“沙罗漫蛇”射击游戏!!!
(我先打出SS评价但没有出现此游戏,当时EXFILE=99%。)
ZOE2的3D沙羅漫蛇拉秘技!在游戏中按START再输入下面的
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → L1 R1
-------------------

3D沙羅漫蛇?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|A9VG电玩部落 川公网安备 51019002005286号

GMT+8, 2024-10-9 13:22 , Processed in 0.188239 second(s), 15 queries , Redis On.